BLOG 205: TIRED EYES? HERE’S AN EASY EYE MASSAGEMar 06, 2023
If you sit in front of a computer monitor for long hours, it’s normal for your eyes to get tired. Staring at a bright screen can create a strain on your eyes. But what can you do about it? We have the remedy – an easy massage that targets an acupressure point between your eyes.
SIMPLE STEPS TO FOLLOW
Complete the acupressure eye massage daily by following these steps.
- Place one pointer finger on each side of your nose. Your fingers should be positioned at the top of the bridge of your nose, at the corners of your eyes, with each finger pointing inward.
- Once your fingers are placed, press firmly, but not to the extent that you feel pain.
- Begin focusing on your breathing. Breathe in through your nose and out through your nose as you apply pressure. Repeat.
- When you are aware of the steadiness of your breath, begin making a circular pattern with your pointer fingers. First, move the circles in a forward direction.
- After about 30 seconds, reverse the direction of the circle.
Alternate the direction of the massage circles every 30 seconds until you find comfort. The massage can last just a few minutes and be quite effective. However, you can continue longer. The massage is complete when you feel relaxed.
BEST MASSAGE TIMES
Complete the acupressure eye massage daily to release tension in your forehead and around your eyes. The best time to complete the massage is when your eyes commonly feel tired.
Consider giving yourself the acupressure eye massage at the end of a long workday, after you have turned off your computer monitor. You can also take a break mid-day and perform the massage. It is a great way to relieve stress.
Finally, just before bed is another popular time to complete the massage. You can let go of the tension from the day and prepare yourself for a restful night’s sleep.
RELAX AND FIND COMFORT
There are many benefits to an acupressure eye massage. Not only does it relieve tired eyes, but it also promotes blood circulation, which can alleviate dry eyes and reduce headaches.
As you begin to practice your acupressure eye massage daily, there are additional supports you can incorporate into your process to enhance your relaxation further. Close your eyes to engage more deeply in the massage and relax. Consider adding the accompaniment of light music in the background. You may even benefit from incorporating a 4D eye massager, which is used in lieu of your fingers. Eye massagers can reach more acupressure points in the eye area and add further benefits to the process, such as improving Glaucoma, boosting skin elasticity, and reducing dark circles or puffiness around the eyes.
GOODBYE TENSION. HELLO RELIEF.
Now close your eyes and give it a try. Today is the first day of your new daily routine. It’s time to focus on supporting your eye health and reducing tension with an acupressure eye massage.