BLOG 231: UNDERSTANDING THE KEY ENERGY TYPES AND PROFILES IN HUMAN DESIGNSep 05, 2023
Something which I have been becoming more and more interested in is Human Design so in this blog I want to share with you some key aspects of it as well as deep dive into to exactly what it is.
WHAT IS HUMAN DESIGN?
Human Design is essentially a personality and self-discovery tool that helps individuals understand their strengths, weaknesses, and optimal life strategies. It was developed by Ra Uru Hu (Robert Allan Krakower) in 1987. The foundation of Human Design is the idea that each of us has a distinct energy blueprint that influences how we interact with the world and make decisions.
Jenna Zoe, who is a leading expert in Human Design and a guest on The Face Yoga Expert Podcast explains that “your soul came here with a plan to live a spectacular life and Human Design is the roadmap on how to live yours. The world floods us with messages about who we should be in order to survive and thrive in this world – but Human Design teaches that the same advice is not correct for everybody. The road to being your happiest, most successful self is one that is totally unique to you. Human Design is here to help you recognise your innate gifts and traits, so that you can be who you truly came here to be – which is the most effortless road to living your dream life”. You can listen to Jenna Zoe chat more about this on Episode 21 of The Face Yoga Expert Podcast.
THE ENERGY TYPES
In Human Design, there are five main energy types, each representing a unique way of engaging with the world. These types are like lenses through which we perceive and interact with our environment. Let’s explore them:
1. Manifestors: Manifestors are the initiators. They have a powerful aura that impacts their surroundings, and their purpose is to bring ideas into reality. They are here to make things happen, often in sudden and impactful ways.
2. Generators: Generators are the doers and workers of the world. They have a consistent and renewable energy source, and their role is to respond to what excites them. When they’re engaged in activities that align with their passions, they thrive.
3. Manifesting Generators: These individuals are a combination of Manifestors and Generators. They are multi-passionate, quick to respond, and can often juggle multiple things at once. They need to balance their need for speed with allowing things to unfold.
4. Projectors: Projectors are the guides and advisors. They have a deep understanding of systems and people, making them excellent at seeing the big picture. Their strategy is to wait for invitations and recognition before stepping into action.
5. Reflectors: Reflectors are rare and highly sensitive. They are like mirrors, reflecting the health of their environment. Their purpose is to bring awareness to the collective and reveal the state of a community or group.
You can find out more about the energy types on Episode 144 of The Face Yoga Expert Podcast with Erin Clare Jones plus you can use the discount code FACEYOGA to get 10% off your individual 55 page blueprint from Erin Clare Jones which will explain exactly how your human design can help you live and work as your highest and best self.
In Human Design, your profile is another important aspect of your unique energy makeup. It’s like your personal style of interacting with the world and fulfilling your life purpose. Your profile is determined by two numbers in your Human Design chart, and each number represents a specific archetype or role that you play in the grand theater of life. There are 12 possible profile combinations, each with its own qualities and characteristics.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR PROFILE
Your profile is expressed as two numbers separated by a hyphen, such as 3-5 or 1-4. These numbers provide insights into your life’s journey, how you approach challenges, and your relationships with others. They reveal the roles you naturally gravitate towards and the way you engage with the world around you.
FIRST NUMBER: THE ROLE
The first number in your profile indicates your primary role in the world. There are six possible roles, each associated with specific traits and behaviors:
1. Investigator (1): You’re here to explore and understand the world deeply. You’re a natural learner and often seek knowledge and wisdom.
2. Hermit (2): Your role involves withdrawing from the world periodically to reflect and gain insights. You’re meant to share your wisdom with others after your introspective phases.
3. Martyr (3): You’re here to experiment and experience life to the fullest. You might face challenges and setbacks, but these experiences help you grow and learn.
4. Opportunist (4): You’re a connector and a networker. Your role involves building relationships and sharing your insights and experiences with others.
5. Heretic (5): You’re here to bring about change and question the status quo. Your unconventional ideas challenge existing norms.
6. Role Model (6): You’re a natural guide and mentor. People are drawn to your wisdom, and you play a significant role in shaping and inspiring others.
SECOND NUMBER: THE STRATEGY
The second number in your profile indicates your strategy for navigating life and fulfilling your role. There are two possible strategies:
1. Left Angle Cross (Left Angle Crosses 1, 3, 4, 5): Your strategy involves waiting for invitations, recognition, or an indication that it’s the right time to act.
2. Right Angle Cross (Left Angle Crosses 2, 6): Your strategy is to respond to life’s events and situations. Your interactions are often based on how you’re invited or called upon.
INTERPRETING YOUR PROFILE
To fully understand your profile, you’ll need to combine the insights from both numbers. This creates a nuanced and personalized understanding of your unique way of navigating life. For example, a 3-5 profile would indicate someone who experiments (Martyr) and brings about change (Heretic) while waiting for recognition or invitations (Left Angle Cross).
APPLYING YOUR PROFILE
Understanding your profile can help you make better decisions, choose careers aligned with your strengths, and improve your relationships. By recognizing your natural tendencies and embracing them, you can live a more authentic and fulfilling life.
HUMAN DESIGN ORIGINS AND INFLUENCES
Ra Uru Hu, the founder of Human Design, claimed to have received the system through a mystical experience in 1987. He believed that a higher intelligence channeled the information to him. Human Design integrates several ancient wisdom systems:
1. Astrology: The positions of the planets at the time of your birth influence your Human Design chart. This is why your birth data is essential for generating an accurate chart.
2. I Ching: The I Ching, an ancient Chinese divination system, contributes to the hexagram structure within the Human Design chart. Each hexagram represents a different energy configuration.
3. Kabbalah: The Tree of Life from the Kabbalah is integrated into Human Design to symbolize the different energy centers in the body.
4. Chakra System: The Hindu-Brahmin chakra system is connected to the energy centers in Human Design. These centers influence different aspects of our lives, from communication to intuition.
Human Design provides valuable insights into your decision-making process, relationships, career path, and overall life direction. By understanding your energy type, authority (the most reliable decision-making process for you), and defined and undefined energy centers, you can make more aligned choices that resonate with your true self.
However, it’s important to approach Human Design with an open mind and not use it as a strict blueprint. While the system can offer profound insights, it’s not a prediction tool, and your free will still plays a significant role in shaping your life.
CRITIQUES AND CONTROVERSIES
As with any system that delves into the metaphysical and personal development realms, Human Design has its share of skeptics and controversies. Some people criticise it for lacking scientific validation, while others argue that it’s too complex to be easily accessible or applicable to everyone. I personally am obsessed by it!
Human Design is a multifaceted system that offers a unique perspective on human nature and potential. By understanding your energy type and following the strategies that align with it, you can navigate life more effectively and authentically. While Human Design can be a powerful tool for self-discovery and personal growth, it’s essential to approach it with an open heart and your intuition. Your journey is yours to explore, and Human Design is just one of the many guides available along the way.
You can listen to me chat about Human Design on Episode 198 of The Face Yoga Expert Podcast (listen anywhere you get your podcasts or via my website.